user experience based applications
for smarter cities in the future internet
Rome, 3th December 2012
organised by ESoCE-Net
In cooperation with:
According to ESoCE Net vision, by 2020 most services and products will be developed with User Driven Open Innovation Approaches and most virtual-real Products/Services will be co-created with the contribution of users and professional communities.
Open/Collective Innovation is being recognized as the crucial competitive leverage for European industry sustainability and the only feasible approach to address societal and industrial challenges of the global competition and markets.
Concurrent Enterprising (CE) and Concurrent Innovation (CI) are playing more and more the role of reference approach for supporting Open Innovation approaches.
Movements like Smart Cities and Living Labs are currently emerging as new playgrounds for exploring, experimenting and implementing new applications, products and services delivered by the new Future Internet technological wave. In this context, there is a lot of potential for people and users contribution in Living Labs and Smart Cities, to effectively drive available technology in new products and services, ready to be adopted on a wide scale. Such a potential is however still untapped, since so far there were not reliable methods and tools for involving the users in the design and development process of new products and services.
In such context, ESoCE Net Industrial Forum aims to provide some contributions to address the issues and challenges highlighted by the Innovation Union Initiative, and, in particular, to provide Industry as well as Public Administration with methods and tools to profit from User eXperience, especially for Smart Cities in Future Internet.
The Industrial Forum 2012 is a one day event, whose main aim is to address the issue of empowering users and citizens (the demand side) to co-create solutions for Smarter Cities.
Industrial Forum's objectives are:
- To present available cases and Best Practices, with a view of identifying the success factors for allowing a wide take up of the approach based on designing the User eXperience;
- To formulate policy recommendations;
- To evaluate the potential impacts on the Future Internet, Smart Cities and Living Labs communities;
- To streamline implementation activities, by identifying reference practices and models specific for the initially identified domains (smart environment, smart energy, smart health and smart commerce).
The 3rd of December program is organized into two sessions:
- a morning part, built around two main panels of representatives from major international enterprises, Smart Cities, Professional Associations and Policy makers, providing their own view on User eXperience design;
- an afternoon part, organised in one plenary session and then in parallel working groups, focused on identifying new initiatives contributing to the full adoption of User eXperience approach in the design and delivery of services for Future Internet and Smart Cities.
The event will be closed by a plenary session, aiming at summarising findings and discussing opportunities for launching joint initiatives.